Apropos of nothing, here are my predictions for 2017.
- Misty Knight will be the new Captain America.
- By July, DC will be making noises about rebooting one of their major characters yet again.
- Bruce Banner will come back from the dead…again.
- Thanos will continue to be overused.
- Amadeus Cho will continue to be a tool.
- Moon Knight will continue to be brilliant…and then be cancelled.
- Doctor Strange will be cancelled by October.
- Kamala Khan will experience violent prejudice first hand. My money says her brother gets attacked or imprisoned.
- Chris Pine will get nearly twice as much dialog as Gal Gadot.
- One or more of the Nuhumans will die.
- A fistful of background mutants will die.
- Amongst much fanfare, The Fantastic Four will return in their own title. The writing will probably blow and Reed will behave like an arch-prick.
- Riri Williams will die or at least wind up crippled.
- Tony Stark will fall off the wagon.
- The Avengers will be forced to subdue (and quite possibly kill) a drunken Hercules.
- A storyline in Captain America: Sam Wilson will generate heretofore unseen amounts of hate mail (ironically boosting its sales).
- Greg Berlanti will kill (and then resurrect) at least one character on all four of his DC shows.
I feel pretty safe in these assumptions. If you have predictions, let us know.
He also sings for the Supra-70s band, RIFLE.